Trusted General Practice Law Firm Committed to Our Clients and the Community of Saint Peter, Minnesota
Delivering legal solutions that make a difference for you, your family or your business
Riley-Tanis & Associates, PLLC, originally established as MacKenzie & Gustafson, has been dedicated to meeting the legal needs of individuals, families and businesses in Saint Peter and surrounding counties in Minnesota since 1962.
We are proud of our steadfast commitment to our clients and our community. You benefit from our small-firm warmth combined with the large-firm capabilities that we bring to our general law practice.
We deliver high-quality, thorough, prompt and affordable legal solutions — along with the personal attention you deserve. That’s why our clients keep coming back — and referring their colleagues, friends and families to us.
We are well qualified to help you with any legal concern. Paul H. Tanis, Jr. is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability and is also a real estate specialist certified by the State Bar of Minnesota. Michael K. Riley, Sr. is a former prosecutor in Nicollet County, so he knows how to build a strong defense for people facing criminal charges. Riley-Tanis & Associates, PLLC was recognized by the Minnesota Women Lawyers Association for Krystal R. Pierce’s participation coaching their mock trial program.
Protecting your rights and interests
Whether you are protecting your family and assets with a valid estate plan, forming a new business, facing criminal charges, selling your home, ending a marriage, or seeking compensation for injuries caused by the negligence of another person or business, our lawyers at Riley-Tanis & Associates, PLLC listen closely to your concerns, and tailor our services to match your needs. We answer your questions, provide updates as your case proceeds, and make sure you fully understand the law and its relationship to your specific situation. You are equipped to make informed decisions from start to finish.
Riley-Tanis & Associates, PLLC helps clients in the following areas:
- Estate planning and probate ― Regardless of the size or complexity of your estate, we can assist you with wills, trusts, guardianships, powers of attorney and other documents that protect you and your loved ones in case of accident, disability, illness or death. We also assist with probate matters, including transfer of property to beneficiaries, debt resolution and tax issues.
- Real estate ― We handle all residential and commercial real estate transactions, closings, contracts, landlord and tenant law, zoning, and land use matters.
- Family law ― We have extensive experience in family law matters, including adoption, divorce, child custody, child support, modifications of court orders, and prenuptial agreements.
- Business law― We represent businesses in matters such as formation, contract drafting, contract review and negotiation, ongoing counsel, business succession planning, and litigation.
- Criminal defense ― We aggressively defend you in a felony, misdemeanor, drug crimes, sex crimes, white collar crimes, driving under the influence (DUI) or any other type of criminal case.
- Personal injury ― We help clients obtain maximum compensation for injuries or death resulting from the negligence of others. We investigate the cause and take appropriate action on your behalf in car, truck and motorcycle accidents, slip and fall accidents and unsafe products cases.
- Employment law ― We assist employers and employees in matters such as drafting contracts, keeping businesses in compliance, and protecting employees from the unlawful conduct of employers, supervisors and coworkers.
- Agricultural law ― We represent clients in matters involving state and federal regulations, drainage and tilling issues, sale and purchase of agricultural land, succession planning, and more.
- General litigation ― When legal disputes disrupt your life or business, we advocate strongly on your behalf in litigation, mediation and arbitration.
Proudly serving clients in Minnesota
Riley-Tanis & Associates, PLLC represents clients in Saint Peter and surrounding communities, including Nicollet County, Blue Earth County, Le Sueur County and Brown County in Minnesota.
Experienced lawyers in Saint Peter ready to help you or your business
To discuss how we can help you, call Riley-Tanis & Associates, PLLC at (507) 934-3430 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.